Baltimore's Abandoned Lebow Brothers Clothing Company | Abandoned America

The Lebow factory in Baltimore, originally built as a machine shop in 1914, later became a clothing manufacturing facility. It closed in 1985 due to various factors affecting the men's clothing industry. The building was repurposed as the Baltimore Design School in 2013. During a visit in 2008, the author observed the factory filled with hundreds of coats in excellent condition. The wastefulness of leaving them unused and the missed opportunities for those in need were evident. The author regrets not fully appreciating the site and wishes to revisit it.

news flash